10 Amazing Ways to Achieve Robust Health
10 Amazing Ways to Achieve Robust Health and Happiness. Photo Credit: Tumblr
I was talking to a friend recently and I noticed how many of us want to be healthy but just don’t know the best way to do it. Maybe now is a great time to write about this topic!
Arman says there are two parts to having a great body. First, watch what you eat. That part of keeping your size in check happens in the kitchen. The second part of shaping your body happens when you exercise regularly at the gym.
But keeping healthy is beyond just having a great body. He says that it also has to do with the overall health and happiness quotient of a person. Below are the 10 most amazing of tips that we have found to share with you and help you do just that. I will split the list into tips for eating well, best exercises to do, and how to stay happy, so let’s begin:
- Avoid white rice, white pasta, white bread, and all those foods that tend to have hidden sugars. Eat more vegetables, fruits, etc. so that you get sufficient nutrition while staying full.You can also check out Arman’s 30-second guide to the Right Nutrition.
- Maintain a proper schedule. Our bodies have clocks of their own, so if we eat at erratic times, the body clock gets confused easily, resulting in improper digestion. If you eat breakfast, keep it nutritious, without packing on sugar and fat. When eating lunch, keep the quantity moderate. Dinner should be complete by 8:30 p.m. and kept light. Always keep awake for at least an hour after having lunch/dinner as it helps your body digest the meal properly.
- Drink lots of water. Keeping hydrated is the best natural way to remove toxins from your body. One should generally have at least 3-4 liters of water every day.
- Get moving. Yes, this is part of that ‘burn-more-than-you-take-in’ math. The best way to work out is to focus on weights at the gym for 25 minutes but if you are a really busy person with no time for a real gym/exercise session, don’t lose heart. Do simple things like taking a break from work for 10-15 minutes, at regular intervals, and take a walk in or around office. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Take a small walk after having lunch. Park farther away at the grocery store/office so that you have to walk more in the parking lot. Dancing with your kids is always a fun way to exercise when you have the time. Think outside the box and you will find millions of small ways to add to your list of things-to-do to keep moving.
- Aim for quality sleep. The most neglected aspect of staying healthy is sleep. A sound sleep at night is essential for a person’s health and well-being. If you have undisturbed and peaceful sleep, you will feel energetic and alert all day long, unlike the cranky person you can be when you haven’t slept well. Get yourself into the routine of five to eight hours sleep at night/day (depending on when you work and what your body specifically needs). It is one of the most important ways to stay healthy and function at your best. Avoid having caffeinated drinks after 11:00 a.m. and alcohol before going to bed. Ensure to turn off your phone/laptop or put it on sleep mode 10 to 30 minutes before you plan to sleep. It will ensure that you give your mind enough time to calm down and prepare for sleep.
- Learn to relax to stay healthy. Cut yourself some slack. You are working hard and doing fine. The stress and strains in today’s modern life lead to deterioration of our physical and mental health. Take a break from your busy schedule and de-stress yourself by practicing breathing exercises combined with Yoga. You could also relax by listening to your favorite music or painting or doing any other thing that soothes, comforts, and rejuvenates your mind.
- Build your own support network. We all need meaningful relationships with people around. Start nurturing and strengthening the relationships you share with your family and friends, with those who are loving and supportive and who inspire, encourage, and help you to feel good about yourself. Don’t shy away from asking help when you need it…you will be surprised to see how easy it is to get help. All you have to do is just ask.
- You must have heard the age-old adage that positive thoughts attract more positive thoughts. Hence, ensure to surround yourself with positive people and fill your head with positive thoughts, instead of negativity. Instead of saying, “There are just two hours to finish my work or I will be in trouble,” choose to say, “Just two more hours of hard work and I will be free to do what I like.” Keep telling yourself, “I am incredible, I am beautiful, I have lot of love in me, I am enough,” again and again until you yourself start believing in it. You will notice the difference it makes yourself.
- Follow your dreams. Never give up on your dreams. The least you can do for yourself and the life you have received is by ensuring that you follow your dreams to a T. However, also remember to enjoy the journey. The empowerment and happiness it brings to do something you love is beyond description. A wise person once said, “If you do what you love, work will no more seem like work and success will find you.” Try it to believe it and see it come alive.
- And, last but not the least; don’t forget to count your blessings at the end of each day. It surely will add up to your happiness quotient.
Follow these tips and I am sure you will stay healthy and happy for a very long time!